Whakataukī

He waka eke noa.

We are all in this together.

Wednesday 17 May 2017

Karakia For Gathering Harakeke

KARAKIA FOR GATHERING HARAKEKE

Hutia te rito
o te harakeke
Kei whea, te kāmako e kō?
Kī mai ki ahau
He aha te mea nui
o tēnei ao
Māku e kī atu
He tangata, he tangata, he tangata.
When the heart is torn
from the flax bush
where will the Bell bird sing?
You ask me
what is the greatest thing
on Earth
My reply is
it is people people people.
Te harakeke
Te korari
Nga taonga whakarere iho
O te rangi
O te whenua
O nga tupuna
Homai he oranga mo matou
Tihei mauri ora

The Flax
The flax flower
treasures left down here
of the sky
of the land
of the ancestors
give wellness for us
tis the sneeze of life



1 comment:

  1. Fakalofa lahi atu, my name is Emelio and I am a student in room manukau at waikowhai primary School. I realy liked how you put your karakia in your blog. It made me think of the karakia in my kapahaka. Have you thought about your mesage that you did not put on and why. If you would like to see my learning, my blog is http://wpsEmelio.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself
2. Tell me a joke, something funny to engage me.
3. Make your comment meaningful, useful, inspirational
4. Don't be an egg.
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback or make some new connections too!

Thanks,

Mr McAulay